With changes such as increased pollution levels, altered food quality, and lifestyle changes such as poor eating habits, daily commutes, and hectic work schedules, the risk of developing problems health increased. The more our life expectancy increases, the more we are exposed to diseases. It is therefore essential to be covered by a health insurance scheme.
Health insurance is also important because all kinds of medical costs are rising. From December 2019 to May 2021, medical inflation in India increased from 3.8% to 8.4%. With medical expense insurance coverage, you can focus on your recovery without financial worries. You can claim tax deductions from the premium paid for the insurance plan under the Income Tax Act, Section 80D.
Many people are recommended to travel abroad for special medical procedures. They may need to seek treatment outside India, even unexpectedly. Since medical costs are generally higher abroad, a health insurance plan in India that extends its coverage to other countries can be very helpful.
Why should your health insurance plan cover extend beyond India?
When you travel to a foreign country, you will usually find everything that is unfamiliar to you. So, if you fall ill, you may not know who to rely on for financial assistance or referral to the best healthcare facility. However, a health insurance plan in India that extends its coverage globally can help you with both.
Plus, it’s more useful than travel insurance. Unlike a travel insurance plan, comprehensive health insurance is not available only for a specific period. It can cover planned hospitalization for medical treatment in a hospital abroad and even any pre-existing conditions. Also, unlike travel insurance, a global health insurance plan covers medical expenses even when you are back in India.
Hence, these health insurance plans in India are gaining popularity among people going abroad for higher education, work-related reasons and even quality medical treatment for serious illnesses.
The best global health insurance plan can offer various benefits. You can benefit from flexible coverage, whatever the cost of the treatment, and be treated in the best health establishments. Often certain pre-existing conditions may also be covered. In addition, you can get coverage for all kinds of medical expenses (hospital and outpatient treatment, diagnostics, ambulance services, medical evacuation, repatriation, etc.).
Benefits offered by ManipalCigna Global Health Insurance Plan
ManipalCigna’s Global Health Insurance Plan offers up to $10 million of the insured amount. This health insurance plan in India provides coverage both in India and abroad.
As part of global coverage, you can benefit from:
- Hospitalization for serious illnesses of more than 24 consecutive hours
- Pre-hospitalization up to 60 days before the date of hospitalization
- Post-hospitalization up to 180 days after discharge from hospital
- Coverage of transportation costs to a registered ambulance service provider to a hospital for medical treatment of major covered illnesses, plus the option of air ambulance once per policy year
- Emergency evacuation to the nearest medical facility that provides adequate medical care if not available locally for critical illnesses covered by insurance
- Medical repatriation to the insured’s domicile in India or to a hospital near his domicile in India when the emergency is caused by a covered serious illness
- Repatriation of the mortal remains from the place of death of the insured to his residence in India
- Coverage of costs of WHO-approved vaccines prescribed for the insured person to travel outside India
- Coverage of robotic and cyber knife surgery costs for critical illnesses covered by insurance
- Coverage of modern and advanced treatments for the main diseases covered
National Health Insurance Plan coverage is available for:
- Day care, hospitalization, road ambulance coverage
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization (for the same duration as that of the comprehensive coverage)
- Hospitalization for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy)
- Organ donation costs, home expenses, adult health checks
- Robotic surgery and cyberknife, modern and advanced treatments
- HIV/AIDS and STD coverage, mental health care coverage
- 100% restoration of the sum insured for unrelated injuries or illnesses a certain number of times during a policy year
- Premium waiver benefit
The health insurance scheme helps both non-employer-employee and employer-employee categories (including affinity groups like club members, students of educational institutions, savings account holders banking and others). Coverage can be extended to family members, including spouse, legal partner, children, parents and dependents. Cost-effective plans such as a deductible, inclusion of a waiting period, co-payment and cap on out-of-pocket expenses are available. Optional packages and critical illness insurance top-ups are available upon payment of an additional premium. You can benefit from tax advantages on the premium paid.
In the current scenario of COVID-19 pandemic, a global extension of a no-compromise health insurance plan in India has become even more critical. To do this, remember to choose a good insurer like ManipalCigna.
– Brand office content