Finding an auto insurance policy that best suits your needs isn’t always easy.
Here are some good options.
Governor Hochul proposes permanent alcohol-to-go policy
Do I need car insurance?
If you live in the United States and drive a car, the answer is probably yes. Auto insurance is mandatory in 48 states. New Hampshire and Virginia are the only states where coverage is optional. Click here for more information.
Which company and policy is right for you depends on the car you drive and the state you live in. According to Bankrate, the average annual premium for full coverage is $1,655. However, there are cheaper rates for other types of coverage.
Hochul announces $14 million in funding for community mental health programs
What are my best options?
- Geico– Ideal for most drivers. Geico is the highest ranked insurance provider. They have high customer satisfaction ratings nationwide. It is also ranked among the most affordable car insurance.
- Travelers insurance– Best lowest price for most drivers. Travelers insurance is ideal for obtaining a personalized policy. They also offer increased savings when you bundle multiple policies. There are also discounts for safe driving, multicar and student vouchers.
- USAA– Ideal for military perks. This company only provides coverage to military members, veterans and their families. USAA is one of the most profitable insurers. Switching customers save approximately $725 per year.
- The Hartford– Best for AARP rates and rewards. The insurance plans offered by this company are geared towards drivers over the age of 50 who are members of AARP. Drivers who are AARP members receive many additional benefits.
- Amica– Best for highest customer satisfaction. Amica is the oldest auto insurance mutual in the United States. They also offer policies for any other coverage you might need.
How much will I pay?
Your cost will be determined by personal factors. These include:
- where you live
- driving record
- credit score
- vehicle type and age
There are sometimes other factors taken into consideration as well. Be sure to ask about available discounts when setting up a new policy.