Understanding what is included in your auto insurance policy will help you in the event of an accident. But also, to better protect you and your family, reviewing your car insurance can also allow you to think carefully about your coverage. You can better determine if there are areas where you can make adjustments to improve your crash protection.
Car accidents occur with high frequency across the country. Every day, many car accidents result in injury and, tragically, death. Having sufficient insurance coverage can help an accident victim, especially when the expenses are significant. If you’ve been in a car accident, Bob Germany is a Jackson Car Accident Lawyer who can help you with your personal injury claim.
How much insurance do you need in Mississippi?
For the vast majority of states across the country, there are specific insurance requirements that people must have to legally drive an automobile. Having minimum requirements is a way to improve the chances that in the event of an accident, victims can get help to pay their damages. Mississippi has its own auto insurance requirements, including:
- A driver’s or car owner’s liability coverage for personal injury and death must be at least $25,000.
- Driver’s or car owner’s liability coverage to cover total injury and death must be at least $50,000.
- A car’s driver or owner’s liability coverage for property damage must be at least $25,000.
In addition to Mississippi Auto Insurance Requirementsa driver can choose to enhance their protection by purchasing other coverage options such as:
- Collision coverage for damage to your vehicle when it is struck by another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage for damage to your vehicle caused by other events such as bad weather.
- Uninsured and underinsured coverage is extremely important in cases where an accident occurs and the driver who hits you has no insurance coverage or does not have sufficient coverage. In the state of Mississippi, the risk of an accident under these circumstances is very high. It is estimated that just under 24% of all drivers in the state do not have car insurance, making Mississippi the second highest state in the nation for such drivers.
Having enough insurance will benefit you in the long run. The hope and goal of every driver is to always avoid an accident, whether he causes one or is the victim of one. However, no driver is completely safe from a collision. So, being proactive with adequate insurance coverage could be hugely beneficial in the event of an accident.
Speak to an Auto Accident Lawyer in Jackson Today
The German law firm PLLC is a Jackson Personal Injury Law Firm that can help injury victims get the compensation they need to recover from their injury and get on with their lives. To learn more about getting compensation for a personal injury claim in Mississippi, please call German law firm PLLC today to schedule a free consultation at (601) 487- 0555.