Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has launched a new health insurance scheme called Arogya Rakshak. It is an unlinked, non-participating, regular premium, individual health insurance plan. The Arogya Rakshak policy “provides fixed health insurance coverage against certain specified health risks and provides prompt support in case of medical emergencies and helps the insured and his family to remain financially independent in difficult times”.
One can cover themselves as the Principal Insured (PI), spouse, all children and parents under the policy. The main insured designates the policyholder at the time the policy is taken out. Primary insurers, spouses and parents in the age bracket of 18-65 years and children in the age bracket of 91 days-20 years are eligible for the Arogya Rakshak plan.
The coverage period will be available to primary insurers, spouses and parents up to age 80 and children up to age 25, according to the LIC.
Benefits offered by LIC Arogya Rakshak Health Insurance:-
- Flexible benefit limit of your choice
- Flexible premium payment options
- Major financial protection in the event of hospitalization and/or surgery
- Flat-rate benefits regardless of actual medical costs
- If more than one member is covered by the policy, a premium waiver is available for the other insured in the event of the unfortunate death of the original main insured, i.e. the policyholder at the start. police
- If an Insured Person or other people covered by the Plan are required to undergo Category I or Category II surgery, they are eligible for Premium Waiver.
- To increase the coverage of the plan, policyholders can take advantage of options such as the automatic sum benefit and the no-claims benefit. They also get benefits by calling an ambulance and going for a checkup
- Policyholders can take advantage of these benefits with optional riders like LIC’s New Term Insurance Rider and LIC’s Accident Benefits Rider.
Edited by Mehak Agarwal
Also read: Here’s how much a vaccine can cut your COVID-19 medical bills
Also read: Is Rs 1 crore life cover big enough to secure your family?